This is a cross sector qualification aimed at current and prospective team leaders. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful team leader, covering competencies applicable to a wide range of contexts.
Aims and objectives of this qualification
This qualification aims to:
- provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to successfully lead a team
- develop learners’ skills in communication, leadership and personal performance management
- build learners’ knowledge of the principles of team leading, as well as their understanding of business.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- develop team leading skills that can be relied upon by employers in a range of industries
- provide learners with the skills and knowledge needed to communicate with a range of stakeholders at different levels.
Keyplan College of Colombo level 2 certificate in principles of business and administration provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning, and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to:
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Teacher support
- KC Colombo online portal ( 24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Assignments briefing
- Excellent quality of study notes
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email ( Monday to Friday)
- Proper support to our students until they completed the course.
Ncfe / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 06 Months
- 12 Months
- In class ( We have different fee structure for in class students )
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above who are working in or looking to work in a team leading role or similar.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading, learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits.
- 22 credits from the mandatory units in Group A
- a minimum of 12 credits from Group B
- the remaining credits can be taken from either Group B or C.
Mandatory Group A
|·||Unit 01||Manage personal performance and development (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 02||Communicate work-related information (4 credits)*|
|··||Unit 03Unit 04||Lead and manage a team (5 credits)* Principles of team leading (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 05||Understand business (4 credits)|
Optional Group B
|·||Unit 06||Develop working relationships with colleagues (3 credits)*|
|·||Unit 07||Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace (2 credits)|
|·||Unit 08||Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 09||Manage team performance (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 10||Manage individuals’ performance (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 11||Chair and lead meetings (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 12||Manage conflict within a team (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 13||Procure products and/or services (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 14||Collaborate with other departments (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 15||Participate in a project (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 16||Encourage innovation (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 17||Contribute to meetings in a business environment (3 credits)|
Optional Group C
|·||Unit 18||Health and safety procedures in the workplace (2 credits)*|
|··||Unit 19Unit 20||Store and retrieve information (4 credits)* Handle mail (3 credits)*|
|··||Unit 21Unit 22||Employee rights and responsibilities (2 credits) Deliver customer service (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 23||Understand customers (2 credits)|
|·||Unit 24||Resolve customer service problems (5 credits)|
|··||Unit 25Unit 26||Negotiate in a business environment (4 credits) Develop a presentation (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 27||Deliver a presentation (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 28||Resolve customers’ complaints (4 credits)|
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- · NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Management
- · NCFE Levels 2 and 3 in Business Administration
- · NCFE Levels 2 and 3 in Customer Service
For further details of these and other qualifications available in this sector see the Register of Regulated Qualifications (http://register.ofqual.gov.uk).
Who is this qualification designed for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
This is a cross-sector qualification aimed at team leaders across a wide variety of commercial and public sector areas; it recognises
- the skills and competences of learners in the workplace, providing
- learners with the opportunity to demonstrate the skills and
- knowledge needed for a career in management and leadership.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification could lead to a range of different job roles such as:
- team leader
- team manager
Who supports the qualification?
This qualification is supported by employers from across a range of industries.