The Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership is designed to recognize skills and knowledge in management and leadership, allowing learners to apply knowledge and skill to the national standard required by employers and proving competence in their role.
This qualification is suitable for team leaders and junior managers across a wide variety of work areas, in both the public and private sectors. This qualification will allow learners to develop management, leadership and employability skills, all of which are essential for the workplace.
This qualification offers a range of optional units covering different aspects of management and leadership, supporting the learner’s development, depending on their interests and requirements.
Keyplan College of Colombo provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to:
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Teacher support
- KC Colombo online portal ( 24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Assignments briefing
- Excellent quality of study notes
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email ( Monday to Friday)
- Proper support to our student until they completed the course.
Ncfe / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 09 Months
- 12 Months
- In class ( we have a different fee structure for in-class students )
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 4 qualification.
And learners should be aged 18
To be awarded the Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits:
- a total of 10 credits from the mandatory unit in Group A
- a minimum of 30 credits from the optional units in Group B.
At least 35 credits must be at or above Level 5
Mandatory Group A
|Principles of management and leadership
Optional Group B
|Management of change
|Developing successful business teams
|Recruitment and selection
|Financial awareness for managers
|Marketing principles for managers
|Management decision making
|Leadership in your organisation
|Managing staff performance
|Customer relationship management
|Quality management in an organisation
|Principles of strategic management
|Managing innovation in an organisation
|Managing communications at work
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- CMI Level 6 Diploma In Management and Leadership
- Pearson Edexcel Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Learners can also progress into or within employment upon successful completion of this qualification.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners aged 18+ who want to progress into employment in the first instance, or further learning, depending on their own needs and interests.
Which type of job roles can learners apply for on completion?
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- Employment within a senior Administrative/Business Support role