OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
This OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology course objective is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. Level 4 Diploma in IT is designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the this course will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment. Keyplan College of Colombo provides both In class and Online studies for this course.
Description – Diploma in Information Technology
What’s KC Colombo providing?
- Duration of the course you will be supported by tutor via our learning platform.
- Assessment will be provided by the tutors to improve the learners’ achievements. This includes providing formative feedback.
- Course materials include structured lecture notes, practical applications which includes real-world examples, and case studies that will enable you to apply your knowledge.
- Assessment materials are accessible through our online learning platform.
- A comprehensive e-library which contains recommended study texts and reference books for online reading.
- Supervision of all modules.
- Our online learning platform has multiplatform accessibility. Keyplan College of Colombo deliver Othm courses straight to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop and students can study whenever or wherever they prefer.
- Over 400 books in e-library
- Friendly portal
- Demo video
The Diploma in Information programme is available in 2 duration modes:6 Months9 Months12 Months
This Diploma in Information Technology Level 4 programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
The Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology is delivered:
- In class
For entry onto this qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Diploma or equivalent
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page.
The course consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|F/617/2266||Systems Analysis and Design||20||80||200|
|J/617/2267||Web and Multimedia Applications||20||80||200|
|L/617/2268||Computer and Network Technology||20||80||200|
|J/617/2270||Managing Business Information||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into the second year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. For more information visit University Progressions page.
Assessment is via assignment submission