Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology
The Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment. Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology can be studied online at KC Colombo.
IT involves installing, organizing, maintaining computer systems, designing, operating databases, and networks.
Computer Science Degree hub says the following, regarding careers in IT and Computer Science:
“IT professionals typically work in a business environment installing internal networks and computer systems and perhaps programming.”
“Computer scientists work in a wider range of environments, ranging from businesses to universities to video game design companies.”
For those who want to combine business and IT skills, there’s an increasing demand for positions in the management of information technology.
“Qualify for jobs in major tech companies, software publishers, government agencies, information security firms, consulting firms, financial and insurance services, information services, computer system design services, and private enterprises.”
If you want to become an IT professional, you should enjoy using software, installing computer systems, and maintaining databases and networks.
If, on the other hand, you enjoy software design and mathematics, computer science is more up your street.
Regarding the similarities of the two fields, Computer Science Degree Hub says:
“In general, the relationship between information technology and computer science is quite close and interdependent”.
Keyplan College of Colombo provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience. Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- KC Colombo online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Our assignment briefing, materials are of high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
The Diploma in Information Technology is available in 3 duration modes:
- 6 Month
- 9 Month
- 12 Month
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Qualifi)
Learner can select one mode of study
- In class
Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- Demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 5 for example any Qualifi Level 5 or similar vocational awards
- Mature learners with management experience will also be acceptable
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
Learners are required to complete 8 units to achieve the 120 credits required to gain any of the Level 5 Diplomas.
|Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT|
|Learners must achieve all four core units and any two elective units* i.e. a total of 120credits.|
|Unit no.||Qualification unit title||Level||Credits||TQT|
|5IT05||Network Routing and Switching||5||20||200|
|5IT06||Network Design and Administration||5||20||200|
|5IT07||Content Management Systems||5||20||200|
|5IT09||Business to Business (B2B) E-commerce||5||20||200|
|5IT10||Business to Consumer (B2C) E-commerce||5||20||200|
Learners would like to undertake the “Diploma in IT” cannot choose the combination of electives that lead to a specialise qualifications in Networking, Web design or E Commerce. Therefore, the following combinations are not allowed – 5IT05 and 5IT06, 5IT07 and 5IT08, 5IT09 and 5IT10 as the 2 electives.
Learners completing any of the related QUALIFI Level 5 Diplomas in IT can progress to:
- The QUALIFI Level 6 Diplomas or.
- The final year of undergraduate study in Information Technology, Computer Science or related or directly into employment in an associated profession.
Assessment is via assignment submission only
Progress to the following programmes ( BA/BSC Final Year)
University of Derby
University of Northampton
Anglia Ruskin University