OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to support learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry. The qualification enables learners to develop their knowledge of theories applicable to management in the tourism and hospitality industry. It enables learners to make well-informed and confident decisions about the management of work areas in the tourism and hospitality industry. Successful completion of this qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment. Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management is available at KC Colombo both Online as well as In Class. Hassle Free OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
The Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management Qualification will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
Keyplan College of Colombo provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student KC Colombo online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Month
- 9 Month
This Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management Level 4 programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
The programme is available in 2 delivery modes:
- In class
For entry onto the Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
This Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|Y/616/2679||Tourism and Hospitality Business Management||20||80||200|
|M/616/2669||Services Marketing and Customer Service||20||80||200|
|H/616/2670||Accounting and Finance||20||80||200|
|K/616/2671||Academic And Professional Development||20||80||200|
|T/616/2673||Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification will provide learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management. Learners are eligible to gain direct entry into 2nd year of a three- year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Assessment is via assignment submission. (No Exams)