OTHM Level 6 Diploma In Business Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. The content of the qualification is focused on leadership and people management, strategic human resource management, operations management, sustainable business practice, financial decision making as well as the business research skills expected of a manager. The Diploma In Business Management is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
Keyplan College of Colombo provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student KC Colombo online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
The programme is delivered:
- In Class
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|H/616/2734||Leadership and People Management||20||80||200|
|K/616/2735||Business Research Project||20||80||200|
|T/616/2737||Financial Decision Making||20||80||200|
|A/616/2738||Sustainable Business Practices||20||80||200|
|F/616/2739||Strategic Human Resource Management||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes.
Assessment is via assignment submission