Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology is to provide learners with a foundation level of skills. It is thus designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. Study Online Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology at KC Colombo. Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology.
IT involves installing, organizing, maintaining computer systems designing, and operating databases and networks. Computer Science Degree Hub says the following regarding careers in IT and Computer Science:
“IT professionals typically work in a business environment installing internal networks and computer systems and perhaps programming.”
“Computer scientists work in a wider range of environments, ranging from businesses to universities to video game design companies.”
For those who want to combine business and IT skills, there’s an increasing demand for positions in the management of information technology.
“Qualify for jobs in major tech companies, software publishers, government agencies, information security firms, consulting firms, financial and insurance services, information services, computer system design services, and private enterprises.”
If you want to become an IT professional, you should enjoy using software, installing computer systems, and maintaining databases and networks.
“In general, the relationship between information technology and computer science is both close and interdependent.”
Keyplan College of Colombo provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience. Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- KC Colombo online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Our assignment briefing, materials are of high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
The programme is available in 3 duration modes:
- 6 Month
- 9 Month
- 12 Month
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Qualifi)
Learner can select one mode of study
- In class
Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- Demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 4 for example any Qualifi Level 3 or similar vocational awards;
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
|Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in IT|
|Learners must achieve all four core units and any two elective units* i.e. a total of 120credits.|
|Unit no.||Qualification unit title||Level||Credits||TQT|
|4IT01||Information Technology and IT Ethics||4||20||200|
|4IT02||Mathematics and Statistics for IT||4||20||200|
|4IT03||PC Maintenance and Operating Systems||4||20||200|
|4IT04||Computer Graphics Editing and Database Concepts||4||20||200|
|4IT05||Logical IT Networking||4||20||200|
|4IT06||Physical IT Networking||4||20||200|
|4IT09||Graphical User Interface (GUI)||4||20||200|
|4IT10||Programming Concepts and Java for AndroidProgramming||4||20||200|
Learners would like to undertake the “Diploma in IT” cannot choose the combination of electives that lead to a specialise qualifications in Networking, Web design or E Commerce. Therefore, the following combinations are not allowed – 4IT05 and 4IT06, 4IT07 and 4IT08, 4IT09 and 4IT10 as the 2 electives.
Learners completing any of the related QUALIFI Level 4 Diplomas in IT can progress to:
- The QUALIFI Level 4 Diplomas in IT;
- The second year of undergraduate study in Computer Science, Information Technology or related; or
- Directly into employment in an associated
Assessment is via assignment submission only
Progress to the following programmes
- University of Derby
- University of Northampton
- Anglia Ruskin University