Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security
Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector. They require basic knowledge and competences in the field of Cyber Security (which includes sub-disciplines of compliance, digital media risk management, security risk management, to name a few) without undertaking any technical level of proficiency. Study Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security
Students studying for the Diploma in Cyber Security will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding;
- The ability to think independently and solve problems.
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
Keyplan College of Colombo provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student KC Colombo online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The Cyber Security Diploma is available in 2 duration modes:
- 4 Month
- 6 Month
The Level 5 in Cyber Security is accredited by QUALIFI (Ofqual awarding body)
The programme is available in 2 delivery modes:
- Blended Learning
- In class
Learners are required to complete four units to achieve the 120 credits required to gain the Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||Credits||TQT||GLH|
|DCS02||Digital Investigations and Forensics||5||30||300||150|
|DCS03||Communications and Incident Management||5||30||300||150|
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression.
- learners who possess qualifications at Level 4 and/or;
- Professionals who have some technical and risk management work experience in a computing or security business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- Students Level 5 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in cybersecurity and/or risk management.
- In certain circumstances, learners with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
Learners completing the QUALIFI Level 5 in Cyber Security Diploma will progress to:
- (Pending a successful application to our Partner institution) a Level 6 University Degree (Top- Up) course
- Directly into employment in an associated profession.
Assessment is via assignment submission